Sunday, March 29, 2009

Art comes in many forms

What is art?

To answer this I turned to one of my favorite websites, dictionary.com.

Their definition reads as follows;

Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.
and
the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

Art can imitate in many forms, writing, drawing, painting, and music. Today I discovered a new form, snow sculpture.

Check out this website, http://snowman49707.tripod.com/. The holes in my head where in awe when I went to this website and saw the creative endeavors of this person and the sculptures that they created with ice cold snow.

I spoke with the creator, Kurt and asked him, "how long does it take to make these masterpieces of snow?" His response was 2-3 weeks unless he has help which means he would have to buy the beer. Wow, 2-3 weeks molding tons of snow into basically a work of art. Know I know how he stays warm, the beer lol.Very creative in this authors opinion.

It is refreshing to see people use their god given gifts to create something that will bring joy to so many. Can you imagine smiles on the little children in Kurt's Michigan hometown when they see the many characters which Kurt has created in his front yard?

The holes and I wish to thank Kurt for sharing his site with us. You should check it out too.

BTW, Snoopy was definately my favorite.

Back to working on my next book, hopefully I can bring joy and smiles to everyone who reads my books.

Ciao,
Cyn

No comments:

Post a Comment